While pregnant, I gained 21 pounds. Within 6 weeks of having Nicholas, I had lost it all. I nursed for as long as I could, and I’m pretty sure that is the reason I lost the weight so quickly. I was unable to work out for some time due to the c-section. The doctor recommended 8 weeks, I didn’t exercise for 10 weeks – I started back up at the same time I returned to work. For a few weeks after I stopped nursing, I continued to eat like I was still nursing and gained about 5-6 pounds back.
To me, it’s not about being thin or looking a certain way in clothes (although of course that is nice too!) Before I got pregnant, I wanted to lose about 20 pounds. I ate really healthy, exercised, and took really good care of myself – but still, I did not lose any weight. I was glad that before I got pregnant, I accepted the way my body was and that it was the size I was meant to be.
Since having the babe, I’ve struggled with the way my body has “repositioned” itself. My stomach is probably my least comfortable area now, but I’m comforted by the fact that my body was strong enough and healthy enough to carry a baby. My health is still a work in progress, as I continue to off and on have blood pressure issues since being pregnant, and I have a follow up with my doctor next week to check things out.
I recently checked my BMI to find out that I am considered to be in the “overweight” range (a BMI of over 25). After I got pregnant, I told myself I would get into the best shape of my life after having the baby. It’s not about just me anymore, and I want to be around to watch my little guy grow for as long as possible. I recently went back to tracking my food and making a commitment to get to the gym at least twice a week. It’s hard to find the time because we see so little of Nicholas, as Nick and I both have to work full time. I’ve been fitting in walks with him when I can, and I’m so thankful that Nick is so supportive of me getting back into shape and feeling better about myself.
It is not easy, but I’m committing myself to a happier, healthier lifestyle, one day at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rudy Thomas Dristiliaris 6/9/2018
Hi friends! Back in June Nick and I looked at one another and we knew that it was time to bring another dog into the home. The pain of De...
-
Just a sweet little saying I saw on FB and had to steal: ************************************************************************ There c...
-
I wish I had some "before pictures", but we're redoing our basement and it is coming out great. The previous owner basically c...
-
Hi friends! Back in June Nick and I looked at one another and we knew that it was time to bring another dog into the home. The pain of De...
3 comments:
You really are amazing. Love you. (PS: My BMI is borderline obese!)
You are beautiful!!! This post is inspirational. You worded everything so well. I can come and walk with you a couple of nights a week if I get that job :) love you to the moon and back!
Thanks Jessie :)
Thanks Alexis - walking sounds marvelous!
Post a Comment