Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weekend Fun

Katie & Nick’s wedding on Friday was a blast. We only knew a few people there, and it was great that we sat at a table with Paula & Jared and Jackie & Warren, a group that we know very well! Both Paula & Jackie are moms (1 for Paula, 2 for Jackie) and they look amazing. So I know there’s hope for me after having a baby ;) The wedding was very small, maybe around 100 people, and since we’ve been to so many weddings it is nice to feel “special” when you’re included in such a small, select group. Katie looked beyond gorgeous and Nick looked great, relaxed and so happy. The food was yummy and my club sodas and ginger ales were made just right, heehee. Nick put on quite a show while he slid and fist pumped across the dance floor. My personal favorite though, was when he tried to do some kind of “drop down” maneuver and ended up hitting a guy in the butt with his head – I’m still laughing about it!

Saturday was a nice lazy day, I grocery shopped, went to the movies (more about that later), and cleaned the house. I had a terrible headache for most of the day – I’m a lucky person that rarely gets headaches so when I do it is more annoying than anything. I attribute it to hormones and just tried to relax and took a few naps throughout the day, which seemed to help. Erik & Joe got in late Saturday night, around midnight (I was in bed). Sunday morning we went to Smolak Farms in N. Andover. I had never been and thought it would be fun to check out. We each got a pumpkin (crazy expensive… .60 cents a pound) and walked around – it was a gorgeous day! We also bought some apple cider donuts – so good – and got lemon ices..I finished mine and Nick still had half left..he saw me eyeballing it and was kind enough to hand it over. Here's Nick and I with our 33 pound pumpkin - it looks great on our porch!




On Monday Erik, Joe, and I went shopping again, and I actually made a great dent in my Christmas shopping! I got a few things for Nick and finished Erik & Joe, which is great, because they’re not the easiest guys to buy for. I also bought a couple of cute shirts for myself, although I bought one in a Medium – it fits now but I must have forgotten I was pregnant…so I’ll hopefully be able to wear it a few times and then save it for next year.

Now I’m back at work – it’s always that much harder when you have such a beautiful, long, fun weekend! But just a few more days until we find out if we’re having a boy or girl – Hope the little one cooperates!

xoxo

No comments:

Rudy Thomas Dristiliaris 6/9/2018

Hi friends! Back in June Nick and I looked at one another and we knew that it was time to bring another dog into the home. The pain of De...