Friday, February 24, 2012

Shout Out to my Doctor's Office

I can hardly believe that I have just about 3 weeks to go (4 if I go late ;). Or as I say, the babe is just about fully cooked. On Monday night I began having intense pain in my lower back that as of now has still not let up. It is almost unbearable to walk. I knew that I was not in labor, because it's just a constant sharp pain whenever I try to take a step. I have nerve damage in my right foot from my bunion surgery in 2010, so I just assume the baby is resting on my sciatic nerve. I called my doctor Tuesday and left a message just to make sure it was ok to be at my desk with a heating pad on for most of the day. The nurse called me back within an hour and talked to me for a good 5 minutes. I really appreciate how quickly the office responds and I’m confident that when I am (or at least think I am!) in actual labor, I will receive the same response.

I had my 36+ week appointment on Thursday and received the same great treatment. The nurse that called me in immediately asked how my back was doing, and listened to my response. She told me she went through the same thing and although it doesn’t seem like it now, after I deliver I will feel amazing. The doctor also talked to me a lot about it and told me I was in the home stretch. Just the fact that they take the time to talk to me and show that they care means so much. It really is all about the little things sometimes. I was told they will not let me go further than 1 week past my due date, so whether he likes it or not, he will be here by March 24th (1 month from today!) I really appreciate how the doctors and nurses at WomenHealth in Chelmsford actually care about me. I feel confident and comfortable that everything will work out just fine when I’m ready to deliver.

I am measuring at 36.5 weeks and his heartbeat is good and strong. His head has been in position since January. Nick is going with me to the rest of my appointments just in case I’m checked and am told to go to the hospital. Everything is pretty much in order so now we’re just waiting for him to arrive! My biggest thing now is I just cannot wait to see what he looks like. I joked with my SIL Alexis, I really hope he looks like Nick because me as a baby...not good. I kind of think I looked like ET. :)

Hope everyone is well!

xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my google account is unlocked and I can comment again! woohoo!!

I LOVE reading your blog, its like the news to me. NOW GIVE ME A BABY! xoxo love you

Brooke said...

Even John said today he can't believe you're due in like 2 weeks. Time has flown, I'm with Alexis, it's baby time! (we will still love you too ;) )

Jessie said...

I agree with Alexis, this blog is like the news to me too!
I sign on to my computer at work.. and this is the first thing I open. Don't tell my boss.
Oh and have a baby soon please, I wanna come hold him... um I mean see you.

Rudy Thomas Dristiliaris 6/9/2018

Hi friends! Back in June Nick and I looked at one another and we knew that it was time to bring another dog into the home. The pain of De...