I took Nicholas to the MSPCA this past Friday for story time. I had known about it for awhile but finally remembered to look it up and get there! It was a lot of fun and Nicholas had a great time. It was about 15 minutes of play with kids that were about 5 and under, and then a quick story (about 3 minutes). After that, the MSPCA worker brought in 5 week old kittens for the kids to pet and then we took a walk around the facility and checked out the available pets.
I have to say, the dogs at the MSPCA just broke my heart and I had to hold back tears. While I am thankful the MSPCA exists and that the owners were humane enough to surrender these dogs, reading some of their info cards just made me so sad. Dogs that were not good with other dogs, cats, or kids, not house broken, and were 1-2 years old and older than that. While every dog and situation is different, I felt that a lot of them were just not properly cared for, socialized, or owned by people that realized how much work a dog can be. There were also a lot of pit bulls, which require even greater care and socialization. I can't wait to be able to help animals like this hopefully have a better life.
xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rudy Thomas Dristiliaris 6/9/2018
Hi friends! Back in June Nick and I looked at one another and we knew that it was time to bring another dog into the home. The pain of De...
-
Just a sweet little saying I saw on FB and had to steal: ************************************************************************ There c...
-
Hi friends! Back in June Nick and I looked at one another and we knew that it was time to bring another dog into the home. The pain of De...
-
I wish I had some "before pictures", but we're redoing our basement and it is coming out great. The previous owner basically c...






No comments:
Post a Comment