Friday, April 17, 2015

1st Dentist Appointment!

For Nicholas, not for me or Nick. ;)

Nicholas had his first dentist appointment today and it went better than I could have hoped for.

He's a pretty easy kid. Don't get me wrong, he has his insane fits for no reason and is a whackadoo at times, but 98% of the time he's pretty freakin cool.

I've found that preparing him for what's to come as opposed to "springing" it on him has always worked best. If he needs shots, blood taken, or if we have to do something he's not going to like, I tell him a bit in advance so he is prepared. On Monday I started talking about the dentist and what they were going to do, to say "ah" or stick out his tongue (which he loved) if they asked him to.

I'm glad he had a good first experience because I want to make sure he takes care of his teeth the way my Mom made sure we took care of ours :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teefs!!! Big handsome boy! I could eat him up! I mean, I do pretend to eat his arms and legs as corn on the cob. Delish!

Rudy Thomas Dristiliaris 6/9/2018

Hi friends! Back in June Nick and I looked at one another and we knew that it was time to bring another dog into the home. The pain of De...